Old Aug 08, 2006, 03:33 PM // 15:33   #1
Relambrien
Wilds Pathfinder

Guild: Error Seven Operators [Call]
Profession: W/
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default A/W Shutdown Sin (PvP)

Sorry if this build has been posted somewhere else before, but I looked through the threads here and couldn't find it.

Assassin/Warrior

10+1 Dagger Mastery
11+3+1 Critical Strikes
10 Tactics

Another setup would be to put 8 in Tact and the points gained into DM, but whatever.

Skills:

Sharpen Daggers
Golden Phoenix Strike
Horns of the Ox
Falling Spider
Shove
Twisting Fangs
Healing Signet
Free slot, usually defensive skill or res sig

This is a VERY fun build to play and believe it or not, can kill a boon prot in one combo, easily.

You start with Sharpen Daggers so that you have an Enchantment for Golden Phoenix Strike. I recommend using it even if you have an enchant on you as both a cover enchantment and adds to the degen (induces bleeding on crits). After that, go up to your target and use Golden Phoenix Strike followed by Horns of the Ox, Falling Spider, and then STACK Shove after it. Use Twisting Fangs after the next knockdown. Here's what happens.

Golden Phoenix Strike deals a good amount of damage.
Horns of the Ox knocks the opponent down (hopefully)
Falling Spider deals damage and induces Poison.
The stacked Shove knocks down the opponent again less than 1/4s after it gets up.
Twisting Fangs deals a TON of damage and induces Deep Wound, killing the target (hopefully).
Run away so you can wait for recharge :P

This build is also very versatile in its combo selection. For instance, you could go Shove-->Falling Spider-->Twisting Fangs, or even Shove-->Falling Spider-->Horns of the Ox (will knockdown on second hit). It's good for finishing off low-HP targets. Otherwise, deal the full combo.

This build is obviously best in RA or TA where teams generally only have one healer, so you can shut it down and kill it. With enough criticals (and at 15 CS you'll probably get them) you WILL kill your target.

Again, sorry if it's been posted before but I didn't see it =\
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2006, 11:35 PM // 23:35   #2
Gosu
Academy Page

Guild: none
Profession: R/Me

well i haven't seen it anywhere else, so i will post i am actually going to try this out as well.

From what i have seen this actually reminds me of something i was going to create shove is 5 energy and 20 sec recharge, but the thing is that it disables all your non attack skills for a period of time the lowest recharge time being 6 seconds, you would then be without healing signet,resurrection signet and sharpen daggers it's a bit risky to do that for my liking as you won't be able to heal yourself if something happens and if one of your teamates die you won't be able to res them. Though on the other hand for this build it is still good to use as the brunt of skills are attacks.

my only beef with this build that you don't have a way to recharge your skills quick so you can get back into the fight quicker.
Gosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2006, 07:05 PM // 19:05   #3
Gosu
Academy Page

Guild: none
Profession: R/Me

ok upon playing your build i must say i enjoyed it heavily, i was actually in hysterics at how a few monks were strugglling for survival. This build is very good i like it immensely now. The variation of spike is great when i used the full spike you can do some serious damage. I tried the other variaitions such as shove- falling spider twisting fangs and it almost had teh same effect as the main spike.

played this in RA and really cleaned up.

If you made up this build then i have to say yes it's a good build to use. Though my only beef now is that there is no condition removal, for those blind bots though i guess you can't have your cake and eat it i suppose. Maybe arenanet could make a skill update giving warriors a nice condition removal skill and buffing signet of mallice hehehe.
Gosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 03:59 AM // 03:59   #4
luxor9
Academy Page

Profession: W/N

I was thinking about that earlier. If you blind an a/w is there any way he can remove it? I only remember seeing one assasin skill that removes a condition only if target is already suffering from a condition. Any others?
luxor9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 04:49 PM // 16:49   #5
aroin the hidden
Pre-Searing Cadet

Guild: Kingdom of Noobies
Profession: A/Mo

problem with this build is its realy close to a templete build when you creat a pvp char O.o thats why i like aura of displacement when i get kd ill just close the encanetment and he cant knock me down
aroin the hidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 04:52 PM // 16:52   #6
aroin the hidden
Pre-Searing Cadet

Guild: Kingdom of Noobies
Profession: A/Mo

you really DONT need horns of oxe OR shove or shock to kd my twisting fangs knocks down people lots then go a/mo for mend condition/ailement
aroin the hidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 05:14 PM // 17:14   #7
Claymore
Lion's Arch Merchant

Profession: A/W

Hey Aroin, how does Twisting fangs KD?
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 09:44 PM // 21:44   #8
Cowboy Nastyman
Lion's Arch Merchant

Profession: Me/Mo

mark of instability id geuss
Cowboy Nastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 02:43 PM // 14:43   #9
zeroxy
Lion's Arch Merchant

Guild: Dark Angels of Rising Chaos [DaRc]

I've been using a very similair build..
Crit Strikes:10+1+2
Dagger Mastery:12+2
Tactics:8

Skills:
1.Shove
2.Falling Spider
3.Twisting Fangs
5.Healing Sig
6.Mark Of Instability
8.Rez Signet

For skills 4 and 7 I use..death's charge, critical eye,disrupting stab,Distracting Blow,Fear Me, Dash,Watch Yourself and the occasional 'None Shall Pass!' When I'm Bored
zeroxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 02:54 PM // 14:54   #10
Yanman.be
Banned

Guild: [ROSE]
Profession: A/

You guys should see this thread: http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/s....php?t=3072446

and these videos: www.putfile.com/yanman
Yanman.be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:16 AM // 05:16   #11
Relambrien
Wilds Pathfinder

Guild: Error Seven Operators [Call]

Whoops I kinda lost this thread after a while lol...

What I'm interested to know is whether or not your build, Yanman, can interrupt a stacked 1/4 sec cast. In other words, the enemy hits it while they're on the ground. This build does, as long as Shove is stacked, which is fairly easy to do. Which means that boon prots can't even do anything, provided they were too busy healing another person to preprot themself. I saw an Air of Enchantment get off in that video though, so a Boon Prot would still have some fun with you.

And this is mainly meant to be an RA build, so it's far from well-rounded. It has your basic healing through use of Healing Signet, though lacks condition removal. Blind eles make this really hard to deal with but there aren't many of them in RA, least not that I've seen.

Now, about the shove thing disabling non-attack skills...When used in the standard full combo, assuming you continue with Twisting Fangs, that's about 4 seconds where you won't be able to res or heal yourself. That's usually trivial as kiting is possible until you're set up. It's a weakness of the build yes, but it's an RA build so what can you expect :P

Also, someone said something about this being close to a premade...

The R/A Fang of Melandru, one of the old premades, was the first premade to use the Horns of the Ox --> Falling Spider --> Twisting Fangs combo. It has since become a staple of almost every assassin build to date. What I did was add in the extra knockdown and damage from Shove to squeeze out a few more crucial kills, at the cost of some defense.

Anyway, glad to see the positive feedback this has gotten!
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:49 AM // 05:49   #12
hated
Academy Page

Someone on another site posted a build for high pressure quick damage.

A/W

1.)BLS
2.)horns
3.)falling
4.)twisting
5.)frenzy
6.)siphon speed
7.)Flourish
8.) res

Now just so you know this was made with a team in mind and a monk casting Prot spirit+spirit bond on you.

Usually if you attack a player and don't kill him by the time you finish the combo you're screwed, but with flourish you can recharge immediatly and finish him off. Also with the added speed of Frenzy (or flurry if you're on your own) the spike happens in about....4 to 5 seconds on an 80 AL target. I know, I've tried a variation with moebious strike and let me tell you, stuff dies FAST with this build.
hated is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This Forum!